Personal Injury Attorney Near Me in Jupiter FL Serving Palm Beach County
The personal injury lawyers at Simko Law Group know that accidents happen. No matter how hard we might try to be careful as we go about each day, all of us stub a toe or get a paper cut now and then. But it’s a different story when you suffer an injury through negligence or maliciousness on someone else’s part.
At Simko Law Group, our Palm Beach County personal injury attorney Rocco Scarfone has recovered millions of dollars in damages for clients over the years. And the sooner you hire a skilled, attentive personal injury attorney, the sooner we can start working towards achieving a favorable outcome for your case.
We pride ourselves on adding far more value to your case than the usual “billboard attorney” you’re likely familiar with.
Not only do we walk you through this complex legal process—we’ll also personally investigate, gather evidence, and tap our network of experts to fully determine the scope and impact of your injuries.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Palm Beach County FL and Beyond
- Car accidents – No matter how complex the car accident, we’ll fight for the compensation you rightfully deserve.
- Truck accidents – These cases often involve multiple potential responsible parties. We’ll investigate the accident ourselves to identify all who are potentially liable.
- Motorcycle accidents – While each motorcycle accident is different, one common element is how devastating the injuries can be. We’ll develop a timely strategy to fight for your compensation.
- Slip and fall – Though a business/property owner may not admit it, you have legal rights and options following a slip and fall. As your personal injury lawyer, we’ll help you understand these options and advocate on your behalf.
- Dog bites – Per the CDC, one dog bite happens in the US every 75 seconds. If you’ve suffered scarring or even permanent disability following a dog bite, you’re entitled to compensation.
- Boat accidents – Floridians love boating, but there are still cases of negligence. We’ll help you explore your options and navigate the legal process following boating injuries due to negligence.
- Bicycle accidents – A bike accident can be fatal, just like an automobile accident. Our attorneys will do an independent investigation into the accident to determine who’s at fault and the maximum compensation you’re entitled to.
- Medical malpractice – Healthcare professionals take an oath to ‘do no harm,’ but malpractice still happens. With our knowledgeable personal injury attorney by your side, you’ll be able to negotiate for the compensation you deserve.
Understanding Personal Injury Cases
A personal injury case or lawsuit is a method for injured people to get the compensation they’re owed as a result of losses/injury caused by negligence. Per 2023 Florida Statutes, these losses don’t have to be strictly physical injuries—things like loss of income or pain and suffering also count as losses you can recover.
Furthermore, you’re entitled to compensation whether the other party’s negligence was intentional or not. A business owner, fellow motorist, or even neighbor with an unpredictable dog may try to say that ‘accidents happen,’ but in truth, these people are required not to endanger your safety.
For example, property owners in Florida have what’s called a ‘duty of care.’ This means premises must be in a safe condition, and you must be warned of any potential hazards.
So, if you slip and fall despite exercising reasonable care—and there are no warnings present regarding the hazard—you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Elements of Personal Injury Claims
- Duty – As mentioned above, certain parties are required to ensure other individuals are safe from harm. Sometimes these are set forth by specific legal doctrines, such as a carrier’s duty to protect all who travel on its vehicles.
- Breach – ‘Breach of duty’ simply means whether the party in question failed in, or ‘breached,’ their duty to ensure your safety.
- Causation – As the plaintiff, you and your personal injury lawyer must demonstrate that the breach of duty caused or was directly related to the injuries/damages for which you’re seeking compensation.
- Damages – In Florida, this refers to economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages are those you can specifically calculate the value of, while noneconomic refers to non-quantifiable losses like mental anguish.
When you choose Rocco Scarfone of Simko Law Group as your Palm Beach County personal injury attorney, he’ll work with you to clearly establish these four elements and demonstrate that you deserve financial compensation.
The Role of the Personal Injury Attorney
We believe the role of the personal injury attorney goes far beyond simply filing paperwork and showing up in court. While court proceedings are always complex, it’s especially true of personal injury claims.
Our familiarity with the system, the people in it, and what’s needed to secure a favorable outcome give us the ability to negotiate quite effectively. And our success in past cases means we’re always two steps ahead of the responsible party.
We take the time to do our own investigation, gather evidence, and conduct interviews because we know what it takes to win the civil justice you deserve.
Through it all, we’ll never leave you in the dark. You’ll be aware of your options and what we’re spending our time on throughout your case and its resolution. After all, you’re already suffering as a result of your accident—that’s why we take the lead while shining a light on the entire legal process.
Lastly, as your Palm Beach County personal injury attorney, we’ll also make you aware of the various pitfalls to avoid. If you receive an early settlement offer, we’ll talk you through whether it’s a good choice or simply a distraction tactic used by the responsible party.
Our highest commitment is always winning you the meaningful compensation you deserve.
Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
Because we’re former prosecutors, we have an “insider’s perspective” that other personal injury attorneys don’t. Our extensive experience in the courtroom, deep knowledge of Florida law, and proven ability to build strong cases mean we see the clearest path toward securing a favorable outcome.
Plus, we ensure your rights are protected every step of the way. Choosing Simko Law Group as your Palm Beach County personal injury lawyer means having an experienced attorney in your corner 24/7. Contact us now or call (561) 951-1264 to schedule your consultation.
Questions Frequently Asked to a Personal Injury Lawyer
How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit?
Following Governor Ron DeSantis signing new provisions into law on March 24, 2023, you have two years from the date of an accident to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida. This is called the “statute of limitations.”
This is reduced from the previous limitation of four years. And because these lawsuits tend to be highly complex, hiring a Palm Beach County personal injury attorney early on is one of the wisest choices you can make.
What damages can I recover in a personal injury lawsuit?
The types of damages you can recover in a personal injury lawsuit in Florida include:
- Medical expenses from your initial diagnosis to costs of supplies and prescriptions
- Out-of-pocket costs such as transportation and necessary home/vehicle modifications
- Any loss of earnings and/or use of PTO during your recovery
- Loss of your future earning capacity if you’re unable to work in the future
- Financial compensation for severe emotional stress
- Financial compensation for pain and suffering caused by the injury
- Financial compensation for disfigurement and scarring resulting from the injury or surgery following the injury
- Financial compensation to cover physical and emotional losses related to relationships, like trauma, sexual dysfunction, etc.
- Financial compensation for loss of enjoyment of life, such as suffering anxiety, depression, and/or physical disabilities
You see, it’s true that Florida statutes place certain limits on the types of damages you can recover in a personal injury lawsuit. But these caps are, in many cases, much higher than those in other US states.
While no amount of money will ever be able to resolve some of the issues you may be struggling with as a result of your personal injury case, working with an attentive Palm Beach County personal injury attorney is the best way to ensure you win the most favorable possible outcome.
What should I do immediately after an accident or injury?
Immediately after an accident or injury, you should:
- Report the accident. Depending on the details, this may involve calling the police, filing a report with the business owner, reporting an animal to animal control, etc.
- Seek medical attention. The sooner your injuries are documented, the stronger the evidence in your favor.
- Speak with a personal injury attorney. When you speak with a lawyer early on, you have a much better idea of what type of evidence you can help gather to strengthen your claim.
If you’re suffering as a result of personal injury, you’re entitled to compensation—but winning this case on your own is difficult, to say the least.
With a proven track record of recovering damages for people just like you, our Palm Beach County personal injury lawyer Rocco Scarfone of Simko Law Group has the experience and attention to detail needed to secure a favorable outcome.
Contact us now or call (561) 951-1264 so we can start fighting for you today.