Slip and Fall Attorney Near Me in Palm Beach County FL
Slip and falls are a common type of personal injury case in Florida. They occur when someone slips, trips, or falls on someone else’s property, such as a store, restaurant, or private residence. If you’ve been involved in a slip and fall accident in Florida, it’s essential to understand your legal rights and options. Here are some important things to know about slip and falls in Florida personal injury cases:
- Duty of Care: Property owners have a duty to maintain their premises in a safe condition and to warn visitors of any potential hazards. If a property owner fails to meet this duty of care and you are injured as a result, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Comparative Negligence: In Florida, the legal principle of comparative negligence applies in slip and fall cases. This means that if you are found to have contributed to your own injuries by not exercising reasonable care, your compensation may be reduced proportionately.
- Statute of Limitations: In Florida, the statute of limitations for slip and fall cases is two years. This means that you must file a claim within four years of the accident or you may lose your right to seek compensation.
- Damages: If you are successful in your slip and fall case, you may be entitled to a variety of damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
- Expert Witness Testimony: Expert witnesses may be called upon to provide testimony in a slip and fall case. These witnesses can include medical experts who can provide insight into your injuries and their long-term effects, as well as safety experts who can assess the safety of the property in question.
If you’ve been involved in a slip and fall accident in Florida, it’s important to seek medical attention right away and to document the details of the accident as thoroughly as possible. You should also consider consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and secure the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your slip and fall case in Florida.